Hi! I'm Alex, a Registered Dietitian living in New York City. I am currently working as a clinical dietitian at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan.
I started my Instagram account @daisybeet as a creative outlet to showcase that healthy eating can be simple, affordable, and delicious. There is so much misinformation about nutrition out there today, and I wanted to contribute science and evidenced based recipes. You can expect this blog to be somewhat of an extension of my Instagram page.
What you'll find:
- More in-depth "RD-Approved" recipes that include some simple nutritional breakdown, so you know WHY the products you are using are healthy.
- Simple tips and tricks to help you lead a healthy lifestyle, such as: grocery shopping lists, meal prep 101, and workout suggestions.
- Highlights of products I love to use in my kitchen that contribute to a balanced diet.
- Information about taking the Registered Dietitian career path: what's involved, how to get a dietetic internship, and all the in-betweens.
What you WON'T find:
- Recipes using trendy and popular products, unless they meet my "RD Approved" criteria.
- Nutrition misinformation. I want to break down the new and latest research for you!
- Posts that all follow a strict paleo/vegan/gluten-free lifestyle. While I choose a pescatarian lifestyle for myself, I believe that all foods fit into a healthy diet, and want to highlight this by including a variety of ingredients in my recipes.
The best part of starting Daisybeet is by FAR the connections I have made with likeminded people, and the friendships I have formed with others. I can't wait to connect even more with you all! Feel free to reach out if you have any suggestions for content you would like to see here.
If you try my recipes, please tag #Daisybeet on social media so I can see your beautiful creations! Thank you all for your constant support.