This vegan and gluten free baked oatmeal is delicious and perfect for meal prep.
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter (I used this brand)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened oat milk or almond milk
- 3 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together ground flax and water in a mixing bowl until thickened.
- Add mashed banana, applesauce, peanut butter, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract to bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add milk and mix again until well combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 9×9 baking dish. Top with more chocolate chips and banana slices (optional).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Drizzle with more peanut butter if desired.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge for up to one week. This recipe is good right out of the fridge and warms up easily!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: baked oatmeal, banana baked oatmeal, peanut butter, vegan baked oatmeal