This berry banana baked oatmeal is such a treat! It’s naturally sweetened with banana and applesauce, and full of heart-healthy fiber. This recipe is a simple and delicious dish to serve for brunch, and will please everyone.
- 1 tbsp flaxmeal
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 10″x 10″ baking dish with cooking oil.
- Whisk together flaxmeal and warm water into a flax egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add mashed bananas, applesauce, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine everything.
- Stir in oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the berries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges just start to brown.
- Serve warm immediately, or save it for later!
- This recipe would be delicious with other berries – get whatever ones look best!
- If you’re don’t need this recipe to be vegan, you can sub 1 large regular egg for the flax egg.
- This recipe keeps well in a sealed container for up to 5 days in the fridge.