This burrata salad is super simple to whip up. This recipe will impress your guests with its vibrant colors and delicious summer flavor!
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 of a cantaloupe, seeds removed, sliced in wedges, and rind removed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Black pepper
- Toast the pine nuts in a shallow frying pan over low-medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent burning, and remove from heat once nuts are fragrant and begin to brown. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Place arugula on a large serving plate or in a large salad bowl.
- Arrange alternating slices of tomato and cantaloupe on top of arugula.
- Place the burrata in the center of the serving plate.
- Sprinkle the plate with chopped basil and toasted pine nuts.
- Whisk together the pesto and olive oil in a small bowl. It should be a liquid consistency that is easy to drizzle – add more olive oil as necessary.
- Drizzle the pesto oil and balsamic glaze over the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: burrata salad, burrata, summer salad, cantaloupe, tomatoes