This corn, avocado, and tomato salad just screams summer, with plenty of fresh produce, tangy goat cheese, and fragrant basil. It’s the perfect easy side dish to accompany your next dinner al fresco.
Summer, can you please stay forever? I love the longer days, warm breezes, evening walks, and the bounty of summer produce. Ben and I are in some (semi) serious talks about moving to San Diego so we can live this life year round. Who’s coming with?
This corn, tomato, and avocado salad basically has all my favorite summertime flavors dumped into one bowl together. Cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, creamy avocado, fresh basil, goat cheese, and juicy strawberries – it’s like a party with every bite!
Tips for Making Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
- Choose firm avocado for this recipe. The cubes will hold their shape better if the avocado is not super ripe.
- Use whole fresh corn. I love the big chunks of corn kernels you get from slicing fresh corn right off the cob in this salad.
- Sub another berry or summer fruit for strawberries. Are strawberries sold out? No worries! Sub another fresh summer fruit for this recipe and it will still be delicious. Blueberries, blackberries, and peaches would all taste amazing.
Main Ingredients + Some Nutrition Notes
- Strawberries: Berries of all kinds are some of the greatest sources of antioxidants in the diet. Antioxidants fight free radicals in our bodies to prevent cell damage and inflammation. Diets high in antioxidant-rich foods have been linked to health benefits such as reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, more favorable cholesterol levels, and much more.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are one of the best sources of the antioxidant lycopene. Including sources of lycopene in the diet has several health benefits, including reduced risk of chronic disease and better skin health.
- Basil: Use fresh herbs like basil in place of salt when you cook to reduce sodium intake without giving up flavor. Basil, just like leafy greens, is a good source of vitamin K, and contains antioxidant compounds.
- Goat Cheese
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Try
- Chickpea and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Tahini Citrus Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing
This salad just screams summer, with plenty of fresh produce, tangy goat cheese, and fragrant basil. It’s the perfect easy side dish to accompany your next dinner al fresco.
- 1/2 quart strawberries, washed and halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 large handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Husk the corn and boil for 3-5 minutes, until kernels are bright yellow but still crunchy.
- Remove corn from water, and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Slice off kernels with a sharp knife.
- Combine strawberries, tomatoes, corn, avocado, goat cheese and basil in a large bowl and mix together.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle olive oil into the bowl and continue to whisk with your other hand until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine, until ingredients are evenly coated.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: corn tomato avocado salad, strawberry avocado salad, goat cheese, gluten free recipes, summer salad recipes