This salad just screams summer, with plenty of fresh produce, tangy goat cheese, and fragrant basil. It’s the perfect easy side dish to accompany your next dinner al fresco.
- 1/2 quart strawberries, washed and halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 large handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Husk the corn and boil for 3-5 minutes, until kernels are bright yellow but still crunchy.
- Remove corn from water, and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Slice off kernels with a sharp knife.
- Combine strawberries, tomatoes, corn, avocado, goat cheese and basil in a large bowl and mix together.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle olive oil into the bowl and continue to whisk with your other hand until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine, until ingredients are evenly coated.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: corn tomato avocado salad, strawberry avocado salad, goat cheese, gluten free recipes, summer salad recipes