This vegan pumpkin alfredo sauce is what autumnal dreams are made of. It’s packed with rich flavor, and has the creamiest texture thanks to cashew cream!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary needles
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water at least 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 oz pasta of choice (I used mafaldine)
- 1 cup water reserved from pasta cooking
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on low-medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots plus a dash of salt and pepper. Stir around for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add rosemary and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the miso with warm water until a thick watery paste forms.
- Pour miso paste into the pan with the garlic and shallots. Stir to combine, reduce to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil your pasta according to package instructions. Set aside 1 cup of pasta water.
- Make the cashew cream. Drain the soaking cashews and put them in a blender with all the cashew cream ingredients. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, garlic/shallot/miso mixture, reserved pasta water, and a dash of salt and pepper directly to the blender with cashew cream. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups of alfredo sauce over the pasta, using tongs to gently toss. Add more sauce as necessary. You will have leftover!
- Use tongs to serve pasta into individual bowls, and top with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- You will have about 1 1/2 cups of sauce leftover.
Keywords: vegan, pumpkin alfredo, nutritional yeast, pumpkin rosemary sauce, pumpkin cream sauce