This Greek quinoa salad recipe is so easy to make! It’s a perfect recipe for a warm summer day or meal prep, and is sure to please a crowd.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (can eliminate for to make vegan)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey (sub maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa and lentils on the stovetop according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop all the veggies, olives, and herbs. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients except olive oil in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking, until dressing is cohesive and creamy looking.
- Let lentils and quinoa cool to room temperature. Then, mix them together with the veggies, olives, and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour dressing into the bowl and continue to mix salad until everything is well coated.
- Serve immediately, or save it for later!
- Keeps very well in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Can easily be made vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey in the dressing, and by eliminating the feta cheese. If you eliminate cheese, consider adding a little salt to taste!