These healthy homemade twix bars are the perfect treat to make for Halloween! Made with better-for-you ingredients, these will please every trick-or-treater.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch of salt
- up to 1/2 cup water
- 6 oz Lily’s dark baking chocolate (1 1/2 dark chocolate baking bars)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together all biscuit ingredients in a bowl. Press into an even layer in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Place in fridge to let cool for 20 minutes.
- While biscuit layer bakes, make the date caramel. Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup water.
- Place dates and salt in a food processor, and add 2 tbsp reserved water.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until completely smooth. Add reserved water a tbsp at a time if needed. You may need to pause blending to scrape down the edges.
- Once biscuit layer has cooled, pour date caramel over it and spread into an even layer.
- Place in fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave.
- Spread the melted chocolate in an even layer over the date caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
- Slice into 8 bars.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: healthy homemade twix bars, vegan, gluten free, dark chocolate, date caramel