This peach blueberry crisp is vegan, gluten-free, and sweetened only with maple syrup, but it is the most delicious summertime dessert everyone will love!
Cobblers, crisps, and crumbles are some of my absolute favorite desserts, especially in the summertime! The combination of sweet warm fruit, crunchy cinnamon-y topping, and cold vanilla ice cream is just irresistible.
My family makes this cobbler multiple times a summer, and I wanted to create a similar recipe that my people with dietary restrictions could enjoy! This final recipe is a peach blueberry crisp instead of a cobbler, but I promise it is just as satisfying.
What’s the difference between peach blueberry crisp, crumble, and cobbler?
I had to look this one up myself as I was naming this recipe, and thought it interesting to share! These three desserts all have a similar base of warm baked fruit, but the difference is in the topping.
- A crisp topping contains oats, in addition to other ingredients like cinnamon, flour, butter, and sugar.
- A crumble topping is very similar to a crisp topping, except it doesn’t have usually oats. Crumbles have a streusel-like topping made of mostly flour, sugar, and butter.
- A cobbler is the least similar of the three. To make cobbler, you drop biscuits onto the fruit before baking it.
Which one is your favorite? Crisp, crumble, or cobbler?
Ingredients in this Peach Blueberry Crisp
This recipe is so easy to make, and only uses ten plant-based, gluten free ingredients! You probably already have a lot of these ingredients in your pantry.
- Old fashioned oats
- Almond flour
- Nuts (I used pecans and slivered almonds)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Maple syrup
- Corn starch
- Coconut oil
If you love this recipe, you may also like
- Mixed Berry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
- Honey Baked Peaches with Yogurt and Granola
- Berry Banana Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Almond Sunshine Granola
- This peach blueberry crisp is vegan, gluten-free, and sweetened only with maple syrup, but it is the most delicious summertime dessert everyone will love!
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced and then slices cut in half
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 tbsp cornstarch (to thicken the fruit, optional)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup raw nuts (I used pecans and slivered almonds)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 T melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup, divided
- Your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8″x8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine chopped peaches, blueberries, corn starch, and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until corn starch evenly coats the fruit.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, almond flour, nuts, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour fruit mixture into the baking dish in an even layer. Then pour crisp topping onto the fruit, spreading into an even layer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling up around the edges.
- Let cool completely before slicing, if you want the fruit to be set from the cornstarch. You can reheat individual portions. If you don’t mind a messier dessert, dig in!
- Top with a scoop favorite vegan vanilla ice cream when serving.
- Swap out the fruit based on your preferences…other berries would be delicious.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: peach blueberry crisp, healthy peach blueberry crisp, vegan, gluten free
Save this recipe for later to one of your Pinterest boards
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which help keep Daisybeet running. I truly love all the products I link to, and use them frequently in my daily life!