This kale quinoa salad is the perfect easy meal prep recipe that uses delicious seasonal fall produce! It’s vegan and gluten free, and sure to please even kale skeptics.
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Littles
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large bunch kale, leaves torn from stems
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and spread evenly on one baking tray. Do the same with the halved Brussels sprouts.
- Roast veggies for 25-30 minutes, until beginning to brown and caramelize.
- While veggies roast, cook quinoa and Spinach Littles according to package instructions.
- Massage kale as instructed earlier in this post, and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly drizzle in olive oil as you continue to whisk, until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, roasted veggies, quinoa, Spinach Littles, avocado, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with balsamic dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or save for later!
Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Keywords: vegan, kale salad, kale quinoa salad, gluten free