These Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes are a vegetarian dream meal!
- 3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup corn (about 1 ear)
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s black bean quinoa burgers
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Use a fork to poke several holes in each sweet potato. Roast for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until fork tender.
- While sweet potatoes cook, prepare the veggie burgers according to package instructions.
- Heat avocado oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add bell pepper, green onion, cumin, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Chop cooked veggie burgers into small bite size pieces, and add to the skillet, along with the corn.
- Remove from heat, and stir in enchilada sauce.
- Prepare the quick guacamole by mashing together avocado, garlic powder, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to taste until smooth.
- Slice cooked sweet potatoes in half. Top each half with about 1/3 cup of the filling. Serve with scoop of guacamole and extra cilantro if desired.
Keywords: mexican stuffed sweet potato, vegan, gluten free, plant based