Vegan tacos with smoky portobello mushrooms and a freshly made mango avocado salsa.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 3 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp adobo sauce from chipotle in adobo can
- 1 ripe mango, cut into ½ inch dice
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into ½ inch dice
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 8 corn tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add half the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring to avoid burning. Add cumin and chili powder and stir.
- Add sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes , stirring occasionally until mushrooms are fork tender. Add chipotle and adobo sauce and cook an additional 1 minute, stirring to coat.
- Combine remaining garlic, mango, avocado, tomato, black beans, jalapeno, 2 tbsp lime juice and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine and add salt to taste.
- Whisk together remaining lime juice, tahini, garlic powder, water and salt to taste in a separate bowl. Add more water as needed, 1 tbsp at a time, to thin out sauce.
- Heat tortillas over low heat directly on the flame of a gas burner. Use tongs to flip once tortilla starts to bubble.
- Top heated tortillas with mushrooms, salsa and tahini lime sauce.