Put this delicious pesto zucchini quinoa salad recipe on your meal-prep menu for the week! It’s vegan, gluten free, and so easy to make.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 large summer squash, cut into half-moon slices
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 1 large handful baby arugula
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini and summer squash slices on baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, until fork tender and starting to brown.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions while zucchini and squash roast.
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Blend for a few minutes until smooth but a little chunky. Pause to scrape down the edges with a spatula if necessary.
- Combine quinoa, zucchini/squash, sun dried tomatoes, and about 1/2 cup of the pesto in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine until everything is well coated.
- Serve warm or place in a container and refrigerate for later.
- You can just add 2 cups of basil, instead of 1 cup basil/1 cup arugula in the pesto for similar results.
- Stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- You will probably have leftover pesto – it freezes well, if you don’t plan to use it within a few days!
Keywords: quinoa salad, pesto, vegan, vegan pesto, zucchini