These crispy salmon tacos are full of fresh flavor from a super simple homemade peach salsa and zesty avocado crema. They make the perfect quick and delicious weeknight dinner!
- 2 lb salmon, cut into 4 filets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 small ripe peaches, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 of a large red onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 handfuls fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Heat avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Pat salmon filets dry, then season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Place salmon, skin side up, into heated skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes until salmon flesh is browned and crispy on the outside.
- Flip salmon filets, then place skillet in the oven and cook for 3-5 minutes more until fish is cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare salsa and avocado crema. To make salsa, combine peaches, bell pepper, red onion, half the garlic, jalapeno, and half the lime juice in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- To make avocado crema, blend together avocado, garlic powder, the remaining lime juice + cilantro, and salt to taste in a food processor until creamy.
- Heat tortillas individually over a low burning flame on a gas burner and flip once tortilla starts to bubble. Alternatively, you can heat them in a skillet.
- Sub mango or pineapple for peaches
- You can use a whole jalapeno if you like spicy food
Keywords: salmon tacos, peach salsa, healthy tacos