Say hello to your new favorite salad! This shredded Brussels sprout salad is crunchy, lemony, cheesy, and a little bit sweet. It’s perfect for meal prep!
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups whole sprouts)
- 5 cups kale
- 2 SnapDragon apples, finely chopped into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast almonds on an unlined baking sheet for 5-8 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Wash and slice off the ends of the Brussels sprouts.
- Shred Brussels sprouts using the slicing blade of a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and wipe out food processor container.
- Repeat the same shredding process with the kale using the same food processor blade. Transfer kale to the mixing bowl.
- Add sliced apples, parmesan cheese, and lemon zest to the bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil as you continue to whisk, until dressing is cohesive.
- Pour dressing over the salad, and toss until everything is well coated in dressing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- This salad holds up well, so it can be prepared in advance.
Keywords: shredded brussels sprouts salad, kale, gluten free, brussels sprouts