This shrimp scampi zoodles and noodles recipe is the perfect light and easy pasta dish. It is full of fresh summer flavors like basil, lemon, garlic, and zucchini. This recipe takes 30 minutes to make and will please everyone!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 large frozen shrimp
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound brown rice or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 large handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, shallots, and salt and pepper to taste, cooking 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring and being careful not to burn.
- Add shrimp to the pan in an even layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until pink and opaque.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and white wine. Simmer shrimp in wine until it has reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Reduce pan with shrimp to low heat, and toss in zoodles until they start to soften, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and toss in cooked pasta, using tongs to evenly coat each strand.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with plenty of fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese.
Keywords: healthy shrimp scampi, shrimp scampi zoodles, zoodles, zucchini noodles, gluten free