This delicious appetizer recipe uses sweet potato toasts in place of bread! They’re topped with rosemary white bean dip and Mediterranean salsa.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
Rosemary White Bean Spread
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary needles, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 can Portofino Albacore Tuna
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes. Slice them lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices, discarding the end pieces or save them for another recipe.
- Spray each side of sweet potato slices with cooking spray, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until just starting to brown. Flip once during cooking.
- While sweet potatoes are in the oven, prepare the rosemary white bean spread. Combine all spread ingredients in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Make the Mediterranean salsa. Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine, and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are done roasting and cool enough to handle, spread each piece with 1-2 tbsp of rosemary white bean spread. Add a spoonful of salsa on top. You may have extra white bean spread or salsa leftover, depending on size of sweet potato toasts.
- Serve immediately.
- Extra Mediterranean salsa is delicious over a salad!
Keywords: sweet potato toasts, mediterranean salsa, tuna recipe, gluten free, kalamata olives