These zucchini brownies are super rich, chocolatey and fudgy. Even the staunchest vegetable hater will love these treats filled with good-for-you ingredients! This recipe is so easy and bakes up in less than 30 minutes.
It’s been a while since I posted a dessert recipe, so these are long overdue! Is there anything better than freshly baked brownies? Cookies are definitely high on my list, but when you’re craving chocolate, brownies cannot be beat. Growing up, brownies were one dessert my mom didn’t usually make from scratch. Instead, we always had the Ghirardelli boxed brownie mix. This mix actually makes super fudgy and moist brownies, so that is what I have grown to love. Cakey brownies just don’t do it for me!
When I was making this recipe, I knew these brownies had to come out super fudgy, so I limited the almond flour to just ¼ cup. While I was in the process of creating a healthier brownie, I decided to add zucchini for extra nutrients! I love the texture and moisture that zucchini adds to baked goods, and knew it’s mild flavor would not take away from the chocolatey goodness I was looking for.
A Few Recipe Notes
- Your almond butter should be smooth and runny, with no other ingredients besides almonds. I used Coscto’s Kirkland Signature brand. You can also sub any other natural creamy nut butter for similar results.
- If your almond butter contains salt, you may omit the salt in this recipe.
- I used a microplane to grate the zucchini. This makes extremely light and fluffy shreds, which blend really nicely into the brownies.
These zucchini brownies are approved by multiple taste testers, so I am confident you can serve these to just about anyone and they will be asking for more!
I prefer slightly underdone brownies, but if you prefer cakey, bake until toothpick comes out completely clean.Print
Fudgy, moist, and chocolatey brownies pack a nutritious punch with shredded zucchini.
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Use a clean towel to squeeze out as much moisture as possible from shredded zucchini.
- Whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Mix together cacao powder, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.
- Fold in shredded zucchini, then chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until brownies are glossy and a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
I prefer slightly underdone brownies, but if you prefer cakey, bake until toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Category: Dessert
If you love this recipe, you may also like
- Pumpkin Banana Squares with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Blender Banana Bread
- Healthy Puppy Chow