These blueberry matcha avocado popsicles are a cool and creamy summer treat. They’re full of good-for-you ingredients like healthy fats and antioxidants. You just need six simple ingredients and a few hours of freezing time to make these pops!
Nothing feels quite like summer more than frozen treats! I decided to ring in my favorite season with a delicious new popsicle recipe. These blueberry matcha avocado popsicles taste like a decadently creamy version of matcha latte.
All you need are six simple ingredients to make these popsicles. I used blueberries, coconut milk, matcha powder, maple syrup, lemon juice, and California Avocados. Putting avocado in a dessert may sound a little strange, but they actually give homemade frozen treats the creamiest, dreamiest texture! Their mild flavor blends beautifully with the coconut milk, matcha, and blueberries.
Nutrition Notes About Avocado
I love using avocado as ingredient not just for the creamy texture, but also for the amazing health benefits.
- Avocados have nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin K, and B-vitamins.
- 1/3 of a medium avocado contains 3 grams of fiber, which has a host of health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Avocados are rich in heart healthy monounsaturated fats. The fat in avocados actually helps us absorb fat soluble vitamins better (Vitamins A, D, E and K)!
How to Make Blueberry Matcha Avocado Popsicles
- Heat blueberries in a pan with water until their juices release, and stir in maple syrup.
- Blend avocado, coconut milk, matcha powder, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Spoon blueberries into popsicle molds, then fill them to the top with avocado matcha mixture.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 3+ hours until solid before removing.
If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can still make popsicles! Try using paper cups, ice cube molds, or a muffin tin. You can also use a loaf pan and slice into popsicles once frozen.
If you love these blueberry matcha avocado popsicles, you may also like these other avocado recipes
- Avocado Key Lime Bars
- Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
- Chickpea and Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Avocado Quesadillas
These blueberry matcha avocado popsicles are a cool and creamy summer treat. They’re full of good-for-you ingredients like healthy fats and antioxidants.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup, divided
- 1 ripe California Avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat blueberries and water in a shallow pan over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juices release. Stir in 1 tbsp maple syrup and remove from heat.
- Blend remaining maple syrup, avocado, coconut milk, matcha powder, and lemon juice in a high speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- Spoon blueberries evenly into popsicle molds. Then, fill the remaining space of molds with the avocado matcha mixture.
- Place popsicle sticks in molds and freeze for at least 3 hours until hard.
- Remove from molds when ready to serve.
- If using a silicone popsicle mold, you can remove the popsicles easily by pressing up on the popsicle from the bottom of the mold.
- These will keep well in the freezer for up to one month.
Keywords: matcha, healthy dessert, healthy popsicles, avocado popsicles
Save this recipe for later to one of your Pinterest boards
Thank you California Avocados for sponsoring this blog post! I’m grateful to partner with brands I love to cook with, and all opinions are my own.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which help keep Daisybeet running. I truly love all the brands I link to, and use them frequently in my daily life!